What You Can Expect Before, During and After a Sleep Study?
Every member of the Sleep Rite team fully understands the urgent importance of treating sleep disorders quickly and effectively. The sleep study process is explained below. Under the Patient FAQs Tab, there are a number of other questions and answers you may have about your study. Once the process is completed, if CPAP therapy is prescribed by your doctor, we will contact you to schedule an appointment, at which time you will receive your CPAP and supplies.
A State Of The Art Sleep Lab Consultation
Sleep Rite has several convenient locations throughout southeast Louisiana. After booking a date for your sleep study, you will arrive at the sleep center where a technician will greet you and show you to your room. Just bring your comfiest PJ’s along with any toiletries you may need and let us do the rest.
What can you expect?
When you arrive at one of our labs, expect to see:
- Clean, comfortable, warm and relaxing rooms
- Private bathrooms & amenities such as digital TV and Wi Fi
- Caring and attentive staff who will conduct your study
What should you do to prepare for your sleep study?
- Bring comfortable clothing to sleep in and a pair of slippers
- Bring your own pillow (if you prefer)
- Try to avoid caffeine and napping on the day of your study
- Take your regular medications unless directed not to
- Eat your normal dinner before you come (you may bring a snack)
What happens during my study?
During a sleep study, small metal disks (called electrodes) will be applied to your head with adhesive. They are easily removed and should not damage or hurt your hair. The wires will be gathered together to make them as unobtrusive as possible so that you can sleep comfortably.
While you sleep, our equipment monitors several different body functions and movements, keeps track of the length and quality of your sleep stages, and collects vital data about your brain waves, muscle and respiratory movements, snoring and more. The data is then compiled and tabulated by our scoring technicians. A preliminary report is then prepared for one of our sleep certified physicians who reviews the relevant test data, makes a diagnosis, and prescribes a treatment program customized just for you.
The Sleep Rite Pledge
You can expect every member of Sleep Rite’s staff to do the following:
- Provide you with 100% patient confidentially.
- Be courteous, respectful and non-discriminating at all times.
- Answer all of your questions in as much detail as possible.
- Provide detailed explanations of each step of a procedure before you commit to anything.
- Provide the best possible service known to Sleep Rite.
- Provide a continued after-care service which meets all of your expectations.
We are committed to providing the highest level of care possible to ensure a comfortable and professional assessment of your sleeping condition. If you have any questions or concerns that you would like to address about your sleep health or sleep therapy program, please contact any Sleep Rite staff member. We will be more than happy to assist you in every way possible.